About Me

Masco Media Gh

AAMUSTED Campus securities miss their duty to destruct vulnerable students during examination. Management should call them to order?


 

MISPLACED  SECURITY AAMUSTED


Sometimes I wonder what is the "uselessness"  of AAMUSTED so called security who couldn't protect students lives and property during examination weeks but only go round in exams halls harassing students for common  nosemasks.


I am pretty sure that most of them  don't know that their limitations are at the examination door steps and if anything happens they are to take it from there. And not to be freely intimidatly worrying students with that their deep blue pair of trouser accompany with that blue top shirt called navy blue uniform. Though, I stand for corrections but I have seen some of them to be excessive intrusive during exams hours while already invigilators are making us live under stressful with the pretest of strict invigilation.


When you enter the exams halls the distance between students are strictly coincidence to the Covid 19 protocol rules observed even in Wuhan, China where the almighty killer virus started before flown into Ghana. 


My first question is Why are these security officers not in the school common market to enforce these military rules? Why, is that place COVID ,19 free zone? It baffled me and I must say  it is high time  they should know that under examination hall the assigned invigilators are responsible for what goes on within the confines of the hall and not them. Whoever in-charge of their assignment should brief them their core duties. 


I write this because, I have observed countless number of these security officers especially those holding that big short stick (talk true) come round to harass students on petty issues that has nothing to do with exams malpractices. 


Today whiles I was busy, with my head buried into my exams papers, someone tabbed me on shoulder. I raised my head up to see a security man instructing me to properly adjust my nosemask on. Gosh! What an incredible infuriation! A nosemask that I wore that only partially cover my nose to allow balance of fresh air has brought you all the way to the hall to destruct  my concentration. I politely told him that I can't breathe steadily when it is fully covered  to my nose yet this man insisted I do that! What an infringement of personal health right! The invigilator came in and concluded that then I should leave the hall. I told him if only I am allowed to write the paper outside the hall and that was what silent them. An absolute disregard to  individual entitlement to personal health. That was my personal health I was talking about but they succeeded in wasting part of the time allocated to me to justify my inclusion. 


Last semester's exams period one of my brothers was nearly killed by campus criminals around ROB New Building. There was no or not even a single ant of security services provided there by the so called campus security. Aren't timely intervention of students who were around he would have been six feet down by now. Where were they?  As at now the case is still in court and justice has not been pronounce yet. The young man is  swinging between academics and court case which is purely security matters which I even doubt justice to that effect. 

I guess security is not about the uniform and harassment during exams time otherwise peacocks would have being at national security! 

So long!!


ITE_200F

©Arimiyaw Abdulai

Post a Comment

0 Comments

script>